I posted this picture along with this on my instagram account, "Well guys, after seven years (11 if you include undergad....so basically before I knew him and our entire marriage) of schooling and training, Tim graduated from residency tonight. To say I am proud doesn't begin to express how I feel. It has been an absolute privilege to be a part of this journey. The friends that we have met and the experiences we have had along the way have been life changing. Tim, you are and will continue to change the world, I love you! #residentsaward #outstandingresident #wedidit"
My parents, grandparents, brother and Tim's sister Rachel (with baby Kate) came. It was so nice to celebrate with family who has been supporting us in so many ways for the last 7 years. We know Tim's parents would have to loved to have been there also, but they are still in South Africa. Rachel did a good job updating them throughout the evening. We felt all their love and support from all the way across the globe.
Tim with his buddy and co-worker Paul (one of the three LDS guys in his class)
Tim with his other fellow LDS buddy Sean (who apparently wishes he was on Duck Dynasty ;)
Tim won two awards Saturday night. No big surprise there ;) The faculty (all of the attending ER physicians at the county hospital) awarded him with the "Residents Award" and all of the residents from the ER awarded him with the "Outstanding Resident Award". I think it's fair to say that not only is Tim brilliant, but his ability to talk to others in a non-threatening or intimidating way makes him super likeable in such a high stakes intimidating setting.
Tim with all of the other residents in his class. There are 14 of them that graduated Saturday night.
Tim with Rachel and Baby Kate. Rachel was so nice to drive all the way from Las Vegas for the evening. And she brought her 10 year old son Michael who Oliver just adores.
There was a nice dinner before the program started and lots of family, friends and hospital staff in attendance.
This is a video of Tim being presented. The audio isn't too great, but it's good enough. The man presenting is Dr. Katz, he's the ER department chair and I really like him. I am so glad that Tim is going to still be working with him. I think he's a great mentor.
IMG 4283 from Sydney Davie on Vimeo.
IMG 4283 from Sydney Davie on Vimeo.
What an evening! Tim has 4 shifts left as a resident. Someone pinch me!

Now you've got to change the name of your blog!! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd definitely don't discount your contribution to this goal, Syd. You made it possible for Tim to spend the hours away that he needed to, and still had a great little family to come home to.
So wonderful!!! What is his new job Syd?
ReplyDelete