We have decided to stay put in our rental and not jump the gun on getting into a house. It's tempting after 7 years of renting especially now that we have two boys and a back yard would be great. But we are going to get real aggressive with student loans and try to get them out of our lives as fast as we can. And then we are going to save for a down payment on a house (we've been reading Dave Ramsey and lets just say I'm glad I'm reading it now and not 5 years ago), so we may be in a rental for a while. It's a good thing we like it. We decided that since we are staying put, we would switch out some of our furniture and decor and freshen up the place a bit and get us excited about staying put.
I have been pinning a bagillion house and living room ideas for the last few years and while it can be super helpful, it is also kind of overwhelming. But, we've found a few things that I'm excited about and I am going to do my best to try and not let my perfectionist tendency's (which really take the fun out of doing stuff like this) make this experience stressful. We've been searching for a good quality, nice looking, affordable couch and that is not an easy task. But, we found one at a store called Living Spaces which I would highly recommend.
I kind of wished that the arms came down a little, but other than that, it's great! I love the tufting and the color and fabric are ideal. I like that it's not overstuffed and that there are no loose back cushions.
I also found this guy on Anthropology. I was originally going to put him in Oliver's room (I'm updating that because it still has his nursery decor and he has outgrown giraffe and elephant silhouettes I think), but I just like it too much. I think he is going to go above my desk.
We ordered this console which I have see in a few friends houses and love. It probably won't be here 'till July since it was on back order.
We went to West Elm on Memorial Day to get a deal on the console and I fell in love with all three of these mirrors. i want to do a big mirror above our couch. All of these are way too expensive, so let me know if you see anything like them ;)
We took a break while shopping at West Elm to stand on the giant fan. Those things make me nervous!
We've sold all of our living room furniture, so now all we have is a couch and I am super motivated to go find the missing pieces. It's been so fun and I'm glad that we decided to do a little redecorating. It really is making stay here seem like a good idea.
I still can't believe we are almost to the finish line.



No comments:
Post a Comment