Last Wednesday (the day after Tim had his final shift as a resident), I hopped in the car with my mom, sister, and sister-in-law and drove to Salt Lake where we stayed with my aunt and cousins for the next few days. It was AWESOME!!! We had a fabulous girls weekend full of shopping, eating out, late nights and mornings. We rode the Alpine Slide in Park City (one of my favorite childhood past-times), went on a beautiful hike near Alta in the Wasatch Mountains, and did a session in the Salt Lake City Temple. We laughed, saw lots of family, and got to worry about just ourselves for a few days. It was so nice to be care-free and without my kids or husband, but also made me so grateful for a meaningful life. I was happy to have the opportunity to miss all my boys and was beyond excited to see them. Peter shouting "mommy" when he saw me on Sunday was music to my ears. Tim is such a great dad and husband and did lots of fun things with the boys and was sure to give me lots of credit for how exhausting being a stay at home parent can be. It was so nice to feel missed and appreciated. I whipped up a quick video of our trip. I have to say that the ladies in my life are my favorite and they are so fun and funny!!!
What a wonderful experience and memory for you all!
ReplyDelete