Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Happiest Place on Earth

Tim and I have talked for a while now about taking the kids to Disneyland. I took Oliver last November with my sister and her kids which was fun, but we wanted to go as a family. We've been really dragging our feet because to be honest there really isn't a "good time" to go. Kids are in school, the park is too crowded, the baby is too small, this kids is not tall enough for the big rides....so we put that all aside and decided to just go for it. We told our kids the day before we left that we were headed to the happiest place on earth by giving them each a Mickey Mouse t-shirt. Oliver was super excited and I don't think Peter quite understood what he was in for.

Tim got home from work around 3:15pm on Tuesday and I spent a large portion of the day getting ready. As soon as we could we loaded up the van and took off for Anaheim.

We got to the hotel super late Tuesday night. Both boys were thrilled to be staying at a hotel. Peter said, "thanks for letting us come to a hotel mom," which was pretty cute. Tim's parents met us there which was awesome. We were super happy to have extra hands and grandparents to share the memories with. Wednesday morning we ate breakfast and headed on our way.

Before the park even opened we got to see Mini Mouse. 

Molly thought her ear was pretty great!

We also saw Goofy which was high on Peter's list of things to do.

We stopped for a picture in front of the castle with the grandparents as we headed into fantasy land.

After a good 30 minute line, the first ride of the day was Peter Pan. I may have shed a tear from the pure magic I felt as I watched Peter look around as we flew over London and Neverland. It was perfection!

Then on to Dumbo. Tim rode solo while Oliver rode with Frank and I nursed Molly.

As soon as they walked off Dumbo we saw Sleeping Beauty.

Molly was not impressed, but I was.

She told Oliver he looked like her Phillip and he was all sorts of shy.

Then we went on the Storybook Land Boats. Peter really wanted to go inside the whale. 

Then over to Pirates of the Caribbean. The boys were a little freaked out by it, but I think they liked it.

Molly slept through the whole thing.

Then we went over to Haunted Mansion. I think Peter was pretty freaked out by it. But he didn't cry or act scared. 

Oliver and Peter decided very early on in the day that they were going to use their autograph books as sketch pads....whatever. I did a good job trying to just go with it this trip and to not make a stink unless I felt like it really was important. Oliver loved drawing pictures of things he saw which is actually priceless.

Oliver, Tim, Maxine and I went on Splash Mountain while Frank sat with Molly and Peter. It's one of my favorite rides. 

This sweet face at the end was priceless. He said, "That was terrifying!!" But he loved it.

After a delicious lunch at Rancho del Zocalo, Tim, Oliver and Maxine went on Big Thunder Mountain and Frank, Peter, Molly and I went and got some delicious beignets.

Ready for the railroad.

So good!!

Then we headed back towards fantasy land for Finding Nemo.

We stopped for a Castle picture with our sweet little family.

And stumbled upon Merry Poppins on our way. Oliver tried to say Supercalifragilsticexpealidocous to her and she laughed. She took a minute to look at some of his drawings which was so sweet. As he left I told him to say "have a jolly holiday" which he did. It was pretty cute. I would like to point out that I still want very badly to be one of the princesses or any character at Disneyland. I just think it would be so much fun and I would love to wear the beautiful dresses!!

Waiting in line for Finding Nemo. Peter was the most excited about this ride. I had told him all about it before we came.

This ride is not for the wide of hips or claustrophobic. 

Magic!!

Bored....? He actually really liked it.

We then planted ourselves down on a curb to take a break and save some good seats for the parade. During that time we bought the boys swords, Tim and Turkey leg, me a Dole whip, Molly a mini mouse doll and Peter took a pic with Pluto on his bagillionth trip to the bathroom. He seriously went to the bathroom like 20 times each day.

Waiting for the parade.

It's starting!!!!

They hopped up in the stroller right after the parade and within two minutes were out cold. They were pooped!! And so were me and Tim.

Day two, California Adventure!!!

First stop, A Bugs Land, Heimlich's Chew Chew Train. I think Peter quite liked this ride.

We also saw Flik which was great.

Tuck and Roll's Drive 'em Buggies (bumper cars)


Peter looks like he's about to bail on me.

Churro?? Yes please!! It was a whopping $4.25 though....rip off!! But it was delicious!

While Tim, Oliver, Frank and Maxine went on Soarin' around the World, Peter Molly and I went on a search for a toy Peter saw at Disneyland and really wanted. Instead we found Doc McStuffins. I'm not quite sure if he really even appreciates which she is but he was happy to take a picture with her. I did a rider swap and took Oliver on Sorin' (it was amazing) while the rest waited for us.

Then I ran into on of my bests Emily who I knew was going to be there. It was so fun to see her and we met up later that day. She is the Queen of Disneyland and gave me some fantastic tips before we went.

At one point I looked down and saw this....so sweet!! Maxine found the toy Peter had been longing for. That Tinker Bell star wand. It does some legit lighting up.

Riding The Little Mermaid. Never mind that both boys had their hands in their mouths at some point during the ride....so gross.

Midway Mania.

Rockin' the 3D glasses.

Ready for the shoot out.

Father and Son ready to go. Maxine was with Peter in another car.

Maxine, Oliver and I went on Radiotor Springs Racers. Such a good ride!

And Tim took Peter on Francis' Ladybug boogie. Then we did a rider switch so Tim could do the Racers.

And I took Peter on Flik's Flyers. 

Maxine held Molly for me while Peter and I rode.

We met up with Paul and Emily for a ride. The kids were crazy!! Maxine and Frank hung out with Molly.

And then Tim, Oliver, and Maxine used Emily and Paul's passes to join them for another ride on the racers. So fun!!

Emily took this fun pic for us outside of Cars Land.

Then we hit Monsters Inc. For one last ride.

The boys got to see Captain America...

And Spider Man.

Both Boys were so so so tired and fell asleep in the stroller while we were getting dinner. They put the blankets over their heads and were out. We stayed at the park for another hour and a half to watch the World of Color which is just amazing. I'm sad the boys missed it. Next time!

Peter with his haul before we loaded up the van Friday morning.

And one last picture with Tim's wonderful parents. We were so lucky to have them join us for such a great trip and they were so so so helpful. I'm so glad that we too the time to go. Even though the parks were busy and the kids were exhausting, it was so much fun. Such a memorable trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment