Last year I hosted a "Favorite Things" party in attempt to get to know some of the new girls in my ward a little better. I don't get to know new people very well since I'm in Primary. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I decided to do it again. This year I combined with my friend Emily and we threw a fun party.
A fun motivation to hosting a party is sprucing up the house a little bit. There have been a few things I've been wanting to do since we moved in (9 months ago) and so I took the throwing a party as a good opportunity. I got a new bench and plant for my entry (that I haven't taken a picture of).
Changed the decor on this console as well as my desk and shelves above the desk. Things look less cluttered.
Got this fun vase and put some pussy willows in it.
The biggest improvement was the bathroom. I hadn't done anything to it since we moved in, other that put a shower curtain up (which side note Peter misses the toilet and tinkles on it ALL. THE. TIME!...boooooooo!).
So, I got a rug and a clock, some new hooks and some art above the toilet that I didn't take a picture of.
I really loved the clock and the gold hooks that were on clearance at target (I got everything at target because I swear that's the only place I know where to shop ;)
And my bathroom has this awkward long skinny counter that I got this fun gold tray to put a couple of things on. I still need to get some lotion or something to finish it off.
While we were sprucing things up I figured we might as well take care of a project that was also on my to do list. We got a bigger bookcase for the closet in the playroom. It definitely makes the space more productive. It's actually such a tight fit that Tim pretty much had to build the bookcase in the closet.
And then it was party time!
We had some delicious food (this was only some of it)!!
And even better company! And the favorite things were great!! It was such a fun night!
And of course I had a blast hosting with Emily who is so chill and so fun!!! And one of my favorites which is very fitting!
that console is so pretty. where did you get it?
ReplyDeleteThanks Tiffany!! It's from West Elm
Delete