Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Salt River Trail

It's Spring Break!!! And Tim took the entire week off so we are in HEAVEN!! I don't know if I can remember the last time we had a week off in town. It feels so so so good!! We started the week off right. Monday we did chores in the morning, Tim mowed the lawn, I cleaned the bathrooms and floors and then we went to Blanco Rapido at the Biltmore (which was so good and fun). And then I got a bee in my bonnet and felt like we needed to go explore. And I'd seen an instagram picture of some people at the Salt River and wouldn't that be a fun place to explore. Insert eye roll her. First off, not all parts of the Salt River are created equal, second, it was a high of 95˚ outside, and third we have three small children. But looking on the bright side, we did some exploring. I got some fun pictures and we know where not to take our three little kids again :) And honestly, we really did have a great first day of spring break.

Nachos, tacos and quesadillas!

Lower Salt River Trail 

Me and my happy girl!

Buddies!

So it turns out the desert is pretty beautiful and even more beautiful when it's had a lot to drink!

I love it when the cactus bloom!



Have you smelled the desert after it rains? It's because of these flowers right here. The Creosote Bush!! It smells AMAZING!!

Hanging by the saguaro.  

The boys were super happy to find a tree they could climb.
And jump from.

Monkey see monkey do!

Post hiking snacks with this bundle!! Look at her face!! EEK!!

We watched a guy real in a 15lb Carp. It was huge and disgusting, but fun to watch!

We had a hard time getting down to the river, but saw some pretty views.


Eating peanuts.

This is a pretty good representation of our adventure. I hope our boys always remember that we explored new places.

No comments:

Post a Comment