Two Saturdays ago I got up at 3:15 AM!!! (After having to get up with Molly at 1:45am) I pumped a bottle for the baby and gathered my stuff and headed to my parents house where I met Whitney, Carli and David (two friends from church) and we headed to Mesa at 4 am for the Phoenix half marathon. We got to the starting line around 5:15 an hour and fifteen minutes before the race even started and it was 37˚...so cold!!! We huddled around heaters, chatted and met up with two of Whit's friends Andrea and Barbra. After the national anthem and fire works the gun went off and we were off!!
Huddled together before the start.
Making our way to the starting line.
And done!!! It was so fun to run with my dad and Whitney. We stayed together the entire time which was awesome! I love these two a lot! The weather was perfect and everyones body seem to hold out pretty good. We also had some fun conversations which made the race go by even faster.
Carli was one of my very reliable training buddies! This was her first half marathon and she did so good!!
We also trained with Megan which was so much fun! They had some delicious food at the finish line!! It's almost enough incentive to run the race :)
Eating a little Kneaders French Toast.
And of course my dad being my dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment