Sunday, March 26, 2017

The Color Run

 I have a friend that works for the color run. So when she invited me and my family to join her and her family for a little family fun I jumped on it. And it was so much fun! And also very colorful....and dirty!! We got matching t-shirts and sweatbands which made me so happy!! And we walked/jogged (Oliver wanted to run some which was the cutest thing ever) through four different tunnels of color. Molly slept through half of it and we all had a great time.

Pre-race faces, I can't get over how cute Peter is in this picture!!

In line at the starting line. They only let about a hundred people go through the starting line at a time so that the color throwers don't get too overwhelmed, so we had to wait a little while to get started.

My friends Emily and Sutton and their respective families also did the race. Such fun girls!

Peter running towards the first color...

After the yellow...

And after the pink.

Oliver and I took off at the beginning and then waited for Tim and Peter to catch up. I had fun running with him and was super impressed when I told him that a marathon was 26 miles and that we were running 3 and then he did the math and told me that a marathon is 23 more miles....yep, he's a genius!!

Running through purple with Peter and Mae.

Oliver pretty much rolled through purple and did "snow angels" in the dust.

He even got a nice colorful eye from it.

Fun run brothers!

Mile 3, almost done!!! and so strong!

The whole gang!

He was supposed to write down his dream, but a name will suffice.

I LOVE doing this kind of stuff with my family!! It's so fun to see the kids get excited and experience these fun things. This week was so good for all of us!! It was such a blessing to take it easy, have some fun and stay in town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment