We had another great Labor Day at the cabin!! We were sad that my brother Cody and his family couldn't come (my kids really look forward to being with ALL of their cousins). But we partied hard with everyone who was there!!
We did all of our shopping Friday morning before we left. Per usual, Peter decided that was a good time to take a nap....in Tim's arms. I swear that kids sleeping habits crack me up!
Dessert the first night! My mom made some fun s'mores bars that the kids loved.
Apples from the apple tree. Fall is already starting to creep up on Oak Creek which was super nice. There was even a chill in the air in the mornings and evenings which was delightful. And my mom used the apples the kids picked to make a super yummy apple pie!
We went to Butterfly Garden Inn for some ice cream. The tradition lives on....forever!!
I took Molly for a little swing!! She liked it :)
One of the cousins threw the swing trying to get it down from the tree and it accidentally wacked Peter in the head and gave him a pretty legit cut. Tim who didn't have any of his suture stuff with him decided that it wasn't worth a trip to town for stitches and since it wasn't his face...
He fashioned a head bandage for Peter who was so brave! And he LOVED the attention!
Peaking out from behind the tree before our water hike.
Oliver picked me the cutest boquete of wild flowers. He's the sweetest boy and while I know Tim's his favorite, I also know he loves his mamma!!
The little climber looking over the deck edge....totally terrifying me :)
Girl Cousins!!
Screens!!! They are just the worst! I mean these boys should be outside playing for crying out loud. We are at the cabin!! But they LOVE meeting up on Minecraft together. It makes them so happy to play together. So fine, just for a little bit!
Becoming the VERY opinionated fashionista! She is wearing her swimsuit rash-guard with her shirt over it and Oliver's Lego beanie! She's hilarious! And super stubborn!
Hanging with uncle Lo-lo
I got a major vacuuming bug! It was kind of fun and definitely satisfying....kinda weird but I was loving it!
Tim got a hankering to make some homemade brioche buns for our hamburgers.
They were delicious!
Going for a ride with Grandpa and refusing to be happy about it!!
These three!! Love those rascals!
Molly woke up from her nap SO cranky!! I just left her in there because she cried harder when I tried to get her out. Grandpa had the magic touch though. She was so happy to let him cuddle her.
And it lasted for a long time!!
Delicious hamburgers with said buns!
And then we packed up and left. And we were so happy that we made it through Sedona without a hitch on a holiday weekend. And then we got to the I-17 and it was such a bummer. We added an extra hour to our drive with traffic. And the kids did ok....Molly was pretty hard though.
I caved and gave her the whole gold fish bag. And look how slouchy she gets in her carseat. It looks kind of uncomfortable.
At one point we were at a dead stop and Oliver had to go potty so....
It was a lovey weekend. Got me excited for fall and cooler weather.







No comments:
Post a Comment