Thursday, September 28, 2017

Sedona

Tim left for Sedona on Sunday night. He's been there all week speaking at a medical conference. It was his first time speaking and he was pretty nervous about it. Tim is hardly ever nervous, so I knew it was kind of a big deal. I think he did awesome!! He said it went pretty well. I hung out withe kids and then ditched them to join Tim for a quick 24 hours. I got home this morning and Tim followed suit this afternoon. It was a fun little get-a-way and now we are both happy to all be together with our babies.

They had this fun little set up for Tim when he got to his hotel. So fancy!!

There were about 100 doctors at the conference. Most of them ER docs and they came from all over. We even met a nice couple visiting from Australia and used the conference as part of their excuse to come to the states.

Meanwhile Molly and I sent Tim good morning photos.

These ones are the best!! 

The glasses crack me up!

I think this ones my favorite!

The kids (minus Oliver who was already at school) met Logan for breakfast at Snooze on Tuesday morning. I love having this brother of mine close.

Wednesday morning I took Oliver to school and dropped Peter and Molly off at Whit's and had an awesome drive ALL BY MYSELF up to Sedona. I listened to a book that is super fascinating, The Zoo Keepers Wife, on the way. When I got to Sedona Tim had just finished his talks. We changed and went an awesome hike to a place called Devil's Bridge.

It was quite the drop below this "bridge" and I felt so nervous walking across it even though it was terribly wide.

It was such a beautiful arch.

I love adventuring with him!! We were very happy to not have our kids, otherwise there is no way we would have done this hike. Definitely not kid friendly.

After our hike we grabbed a late lunch and then went to the pool and sat in the hot tub for a couple of hours (so weird to relax for that long) and had some great conversations with lots of people from all over the country and a nice couple from Canada and the couple from Australia. I've decided that as much as people can frustrate the heck out of me, I actually really like people. It's so fun getting to know strangers and other cultures. 

We had a late dinner at Elote Cafe (which is apparently one of the most liked restaurants in Sedona. The wait at 7:30 pm on a Wednesday was an hour. We took the first available seats which were outside and chili, but they provided everyone with blankets which was fun. The food was good, but not mind blowing. It was to try a new place. 

I've been through Sedona on my way to the cabin hundreds of times, but it's rare that I stop there. It was fun to explore a little more and experience a little bit more of the cute town that it is.

I slept in until EIGHT this morning....mind blowing!! I didn't even know I could do that!! And then I headed back to Phoenix to pick up my babies who had a blast at Whitney's house. 

And they were both out cold by the time we got home. Which was nice because then I got to unpack everything and get things put away. Oliver had stayed with my mom and had an equally great time!! What a great little getaway!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment