Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Day 5: Hiking, the beach, and a slight change of plans

The first thing the kids did in the morning was hop on screens and connect on minecraft. I honestly have such mixed feelings about it and I am constantly conflicted. There is so much pressure to NOT let kids be on screens and if you do have it be super regulated. I totally get it! And I know they can be super addictive. But, the kids love it! They are connecting together, using their imaginations while building, problem solving, and a myriad of other justifying things. So with all that said, we were pretty loosie goosie with screens and just let the kids play on them in the mornings and sometimes the evenings. They were in screen heaven!

Tim and I took our three kids on a hike to Torrey Pines. The others weren't up for it, but my dad joined us.

It's such a beautiful area and one of my favorite hikes.

I loved being able to take our kids. Especially Oliver who is big enough to appreciate the satisfaction of hiking.

And of course I always love adventuring with my dad! Molly was a pretty good sport too!

Muscles at the top of one of the lookouts

Getting ready to make an epic leap!!

Meanwhile these jokers were waiting for us to get back with pizza for lunch so we could eat and go to the beach. We got this text to motivate us to hurry along :)

And then we went down to the beach for another beautiful afternoon!

All smiles

Getting Sandy

Digging

Crying

Being devastatingly handsome

Chasing birds

While holding bird feathers.....ew

Playing

More playing

Sharing soda and sand and germs

And of course discussing the meaning of life ;) It was a great day at beach!!

I look old in this picture, hahaha!! Wednesday evening we got together with two of Tim's medical school classmates who are both still in training doing fellowships. It has been so great to keep in touch with them!! We love the friendships that we made while we were in San Diego and feel so blessed to be able to maintain so many of them.

Before we left for San Diego Tim and I talked about taking the kids to San Diego. When we got there we looked into it. Looked at pricing and times and then I threw out "what if we just went to Disneyland instead. So we looked into that and basically we decided to take the kids to Disneyland. And everyone wanted in on it. Whit's husband was out of town (from being out of town) and my parents had kept Cody and Claire's boys so we were down a few adults with extra kids, but it still ended up being an excellent decision!!

No comments:

Post a Comment