Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Day 4: The Bird Day

Tuesday was my moms 60th birthday, which is kind of a big deal. Whitney and I spent some time before hand coming up with a few ways to make it extra special at the beach house.

We collected old pictures from my moms house (without her knowing) and "decorated" for the occasion.

I had my sister in law draw this great peg picture of our family. And we got her a small little basket of gifts.

But I think her favorite gift was the 60 plus notes that we collected from friends and family wishing her a happy Birthday and telling her how awesome she is. It made her cry...mission accomplished :) I think she felt loved and appreciated which is good, because she does so much for all of us. She's a wonderful person.

Tim and my dad got donuts and my dad made smoothies. Molly happily devoured both!

Peter slept in later than anyone, by at least an hour. It was well past 8 when he woke up. He is definitely my late to bed late to rise kid.

Molly, being the only "baby" these days got lots of extra love and attention from everyone and loves it. She snuggled up with Claire and Piper.

Then it was down to shenanigans at the beach.

More sand crabs.

Smash Ball

Sand beards

Being goofy

and being chased by waves.

I decided to try and catch some white wash on the surf board.

And was very proud of myself for getting up a few times.

Then I decided to pass my skills on to Ell ;)

And she got up a few times!!

 I was so proud!

When we first got down to the beach there was a homeless man who had begun writing on the beach. We were trying to avoid him a little because he didn't smell great and we didn't know what his mental state was. But I decided to go and chat with him for a minute. He was very nice and I gave him some water and a granola bar. I told him that he had nice hand writing and I that I like Dr. Suess too. It's amazing that I could find common ground with a stranger whose life is very different from mine. It was a good lesson for me about judgements and a reminder that we really are all Gods children. And he was totally writing a Birthday message....how interesting is that?!?


Logan got on Codys shoulders to try and get a good shot!

More sand playing

A whole lotta snacks

And being statues

After the beach we got fixed up and headed to Phil's BBQ.

And then to Cousins candy....the kids ask about the candy store the moment we arrive in San Diego.

The Asian tourist loved our kids. They took a ton of pictures of them and one woman followed Molly around snapping pics of her. It was pretty funny.

The kids all started posing for them and some of them posed with the kids.

Look!! We can take a family picture!! Hooray, there's hope!


Tim tried to sit on the ledge in the tree. It was not as big or bottom friendly as it appeared.

Love him!

Claire left Tuesday morning to get back to school and Cody left Tuesday afternoon to get back to work. We were down to three siblings.

These two buddies and Molly's crazy eyes!

It was a good Bird-day and a great Tuesday in San Diego!!

No comments:

Post a Comment