Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Day 8 and an unexpected Day 9

We had a great "last" day at the beach! The reason why last is in quotes is because we were supposed to leave Friday morning, but the owners of the house told us they didn't have renters until Tuesday and that we could stay an extra day if we wanted. Tim and I jumped at the opportunity to stay an extra day with just our family. It was so fun!

Always covered in sand.

And holding it!

Holding my boys in the surf!

My mom noticed that the empty clam shells look like butterflys!

Boys!

Elle spelled out beach for me so I could use the picture in a shutterfly book

Rhett the star fish boy

Peter the star-fish

Peter the sea turtle

I couldn't find Oliver or Max for a minute and then I found them way behind us just hanging out.

They were being so cute and sharing chips.

Whit and her family left after an early dinner on Friday evening and we went to a friends house.

Saturday morning we met our friend Noel for breakfast at Caroline's cafe in la Jolla.

Then we took a walk on the beach. La Jolla Shores is my favorite.

Peter used our hot chocolate cup from breakfast to collect shells.

We made it to the tide pools and found some great creatures!! This awesome sea slug(we found two others. and a ton of hermit crabs.

Oliver had fun touching the anemone's and watching them shrink.

And then we found an octopus!!!

I was so giddy about it! It was so fun watching it move. It did not like to be out in the open exposed. He was hiding under rocks most of the time.

My three little explorers. I really like it when they're all together (and being nice).

These two are best buds!

Selfie!!

After my parents left we took over their big room and their big bed. The kids watched a show while Tim and I got ready.

Then we went to Pizza Nova where we were reunited with our favorite garlic balls. SO GOOD!! 

Look at that sweet girls smile!

Fish lips!


My and my three!! Love them!

Hanging out by the boats in Point Loma.

Back to the beach one last time with friends.

And to dig of course!!

And to snuggle as the sun set.

Have I mentioned that I love watching the kids play at the beach.

I love these San Diego friends so much! Being with them is so good for the soul. It also makes me question why I don't live closer to them.

PJ's and a movie while they wait for dinner.

We have 6 boys between the three of us and it is wild and crazy!!

And that's a wrap!! It was a really good, long, fun, exhausting week! We were so glad we got to stay an extra day and so excited to make it home. I always feel so lucky that I have a home (and a bed) I'm happy to come home to. 'Till next year San Diego!!

No comments:

Post a Comment