Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Davie Family Reunion

I consider myself a pretty good sport most of the time (I have my unsportly moments....don't we all?), but I think that the past few weeks I have been an EXTRA good sport. After all of the chaos of Switzerland, graduation, and the move, we got back in our car on Friday morning and headed to Southern Utah for the Davie Family Reunion.

We had a great time. Tim's family always plans the funnest activities. We did a family 5K, the Annual Davie Family Amazing Race (which Tim's sister Rachel was in charge of this year and she did an awesome job!!), yummy food, and a little retirement party for Tim's mom Maxine who just finished 20 years of teaching, such an accomplishment! Unfortunately Saturday around noon we noticed there was a little bit of a plumbing problem so all running water, including toilets, were off limit. That was kind of a bummer, but everyone just "went with the flow" in true Davie Family fashion. (I'm still working on the "flow". I am partial to using a toilet with running water.) Tim and I stayed at his brother Dan's beautiful house in St. George on Saturday night. He and his wife Robyn let us stay in their luxurious bedroom and used their amazing bathroom. It was a very plush night sleep.

Oliver's bib was Ollie the Ostrich and I was Syd plus a Kid

The whole racing gang. Tim's sister collected old race medals from her running friends and every runner got a medal.

Oliver had his first experience with battery powered toy vehicles and he loved it!
Cruisin' in the yard with cousin Haley

One of the amazing race event required these lovely little gems

Max finding an alternative to the no toilet rule

Tim's sister took some super cute pics of Tim playing with Oliver

Sunday morning we went to church with Tim's parents at the historic Pine Valley chapel. And after cleaning up Tim's parents cabin we headed to St. George for a couple hours before making our way to Phoenix. After stopping a couple times along the way to try and control Oliver's outbursts, we finally got to Phoenix at 10:30 on Sunday night and we were pooped!

In front of the beautiful Pine Valley Chapel

The only thing that would make this boy happy was playing with the steering wheel


 As fun as it was to see family and we are so glad we went to the reunion, Tim and I both decided that we will not be traveling for a long time. Not only are we exhausted but poor Oliver is over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment