Ever since I was about 16 I began hiking a nearby "little" mountain with my dad called Squaw Peak (people have tried to change the name cause apparently its racist, but I refuse to conform!). It's 1200 ft in elevation and a whopping 1.2 miles to the top and the best 50 minute workout I have yet to encounter. I fell in love with hiking in high school and I just can't seem to shake my love for it. Once I moved away for college I would always be anxious to hike in the summers and Christmas break when I would come home. And right after Tim and I got married and we lived in Phoenix for 7 months, we enjoyed hiking together. Squaw Peak was actually on the "pro" list for reasons to move to Phoenix. And so now that we are back, I feel like I am picking up where I left off. I have to be a little more flexible with when I can go with a baby and a working husband and all, but it is oh so fun and reaching the top is AWESOME!!
And why the 4:30 AM you ask? Aside from the fact that I need to get home to my baby and my dad has to go to work, it was 88 degrees when we left the house. Any later and we would probably die of heat stroke, no joke! Besides, it's kind of fun to conquer a mountain when the rest of the world is sleeping :) So, a big thank you to Squaw Peak for the great exercise and good times.
10 years of hiking together, it's kind of our "thing"
My sister in law Claire is a big hiker too, so it's kind of become a family affair
Good morning world!



I remember you telling me about this place. How fun to be able to hike it again and what a gorgeous sunrise! When I come visit, will you take me?
ReplyDeleteABSOLUTELY!!!! It's been so fun to hike for sure. The question is, when are you coming to visit?? ;)
DeleteWhen in come visit in the WINTER we will do this, because you know I am not going at 4:30 a.m....
ReplyDeleteYa, 4:30 is not so comfortable and you better believe I will not be getting up that early in the winter when it's dark and cold! I'm so glad you are forced to come to Phoenix :)
Delete