Friday evening my family had a little welcome back to Phoenix BBQ and pool party. Being able to do this was on Tim's "pro list" for Phoenix so I am glad we got one in right off the bat. My family always does it up right with delicious burgers and dogs, cold watermelon, Tim's favorite baked beans, and of course a drumstick for dessert. We had lots of fun swimming with all the grandkids and I enjoyed getting my mother and sister-in-laws hair wet. If you're going to be in the pool having wet hair is definitely a potential risk. It was a successful evening and we are hoping to repeat again with family and maybe friends (if we actually make any, I'm still on strike!).
Ollie and Dad enjoying the water in the shade......I love my pasty boys!
The "Older" Kids Cooper, Elle, and Crew
My Bro Cody and Sis.in law Claire and their baby Max
My Sis Whitney and her baby Rhett (only 3 weeks younger than O)
My Dad and lil bro Logan manning the grill and the beans :)
Grub
Oliver is becoming a little less interested in cameras these days
Hanging out with the baby's
Delish!!! Thanks mom and dad!
Saturday night we went to another BBQ. This time it was at an ER docs house. Every year this doc hosts a get together for all of the new residents at the hospital. I was a little resistant to going (I always feel so awkward going around and meeting a ton of new people), but I knew that I needed to go and meet Tim's co-workers. Our first mistake was not wearing or even bringing bathing suits. Tim looked the house up on google earth and noticed that they didn't have a pool but their next door neighbors did. Little did we know, the doctor owned the house next store....of course she did. So, we both stood for a good two hours with sweat literally dripping down our backs. It was kind of disgusting and reminded me of life-guarding. Poor Oliver was kind of a mess though and he fell asleep in my arms which never happens anymore. The little guys is just not used to this heat. Every time I buckle him in his rear facing car-seat in the backseat of my car I think it's child abuse. Anyway, I got to meet a lot of Tim's co-workers and bosses and a lot of spouses. It was nice and I think I may have made a friend or two.... only time will tell.


I'm fairly certain no one could resist being your friend! I am jealous of all those girls out there that get to hang out with you everyday!r
ReplyDeleteOh Maren, thanks! I actually cried a little when I found out you joined the YMCA. I said to Tim "if we were still in San Diego I would be working out and going swimming with Maren at the YMCA" no joke......I have kinda lost it a little :)
Delete