Dads have a special calling. It's different than moms. It's a much more mysterious job to me than being a mom, maybe that's because I'll never have to do it. Dad's are the ultimate threat. I remember at my house it was a bummer when mom told you that she was going to talk to dad when he got home. There is nothing worse than disappointing dad. And they have the unlimited fun card. Whenever my mom used to go out of town my dad would always do fun stuff with us, water-parks, movies, restaurants, etc. that man is always up for a good time. And best of all my dad has the best advice ever. He always listens and takes everything into consideration and then he tells you his honest opinion. He's pretty great! In fact, I'm convinced he is the best!
But then I thought about it and while he's not my own dad, my husband is pretty great too! He is this amazing ability to get down to Olivers level and share things with him that I wouldn't ever think to. Like today at the grocery store he let Oliver feel the broccoli before he put it in the plastic bag and into the shopping cart. Oliver loved it and was totally interested in it. And he has the cutest little conversations with that little baby and I know he doesn't think anyone else is listening. And he has the greatest imagination which Oliver may not appreciate as much now, but in a year or two he is going to be in heaven playing with his dad. Tim is patient and kind and he is an equal player when it comes to parenting which makes my job a whole lot enjoyable. So pretty much he's the best too!!


Super sweet post, Syd. It's nice to hear that a brother is so nice to his family and son. :) I totally believe it about Oli being in heaven in a couple years. I doubt many other Dad's would sit for hours and build crazy lego creations. I can just see it now. :)
ReplyDelete