Cody was nearly 5 and Whitney was almost 3. They were two little blonde haired, blue eyed children... and along came this dark haired, and eventually curly haired baby. She was her own little person in both looks and personality.
Sydney was always an old soul... serious and organized and up front expressing her feelings. She was my little buddy when Cody and Whitney were off to school and she was great company. It was kind of like having a 3 year old "girlfriend" - it was great! Eventually she went off to preschool and it was sad for both of us.
Sydney was very bright, a good student, a self-starter and ambitious. She was a goal setter. When she wanted something she set her mind to it and went after it.
Kindergarten
2nd grade
5th grade
Freshman year
Junior year
Senior year
After high school and her freshman year at ASU, Sydney went off to BYU. There she met a wonderful guy named Tim and after graduating from BYU, they were married in the Mesa temple.
They moved to San Diego and Syd spent the next three years working and helping Tim through medical school. During their fourth year they became the proud parents of beautiful little Oliver.
Now we are lucky enough to have these three living with us while Tim begins residency. And Sydney... she is still a joy to be with. Happy Birthday Sydney! I couldn't be more proud of you. I love you!











What a wonderful idea to have a guest post! I love it. It's so fun to hear about a wonderful woman from her wonderful mother. I feel so lucky to call both of you my friends! Kristi, you look amazing in that picture of newborn Sydney--wow!
ReplyDeleteUm this basically made me cry. I love it.
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet!!
ReplyDeleteAnd Syd - Why didn't you include some of these pics in your hair style options ;-)