Monday, August 27, 2012

The First Day of School

Today is Logans first day back at NAU. I think Oliver and I will wear black all day and be in mourning :) Not really, but seriously, it's been so fun to live with Logan all summer. He is a great brother and friend and we'll both miss hanging out with him on a regular basis. Fortunately for all of us we get to see him over Labor day.
Oliver and I got to join my mom in "dropping" Logan off at school. Really all we did was go to the cabin for a few days. Logan went to Flagstaff and got all situated by himself and then spent most of the time at the cabin with us. We had a really nice time going for walks and enjoying two full afternoons of non-stop rain and down poor. It was so beautiful and the weather was so cool. Oliver and I even got to wear hoodies in the morning and evenings. Oh how I long for hoodie weather. I guess I'll just have to go to San Diego tomorrow for some. WHAT?!?!? That's right folks. I'm headed to San Diego for an entire glorious week and I am simply giddy. The bummer is that Tim isn't coming but it is sure to be a fantastic time.

This is the rock that we sit on to throw little rocks into the creek. Oliver loves throwing rocks into the water (even though he really just drops the rocks and they roll into the water). He claps his hand after almost every successful water entry. It's pretty fun!


And since Oliver did not want ANY help (including a hand hold) while walking, I resorted to a shoulder ride on our walk back to the cabin which resulted in lots of hair pulling.......

....and hair eating. I had so much fun with my mom and Logan. They are both so great!

Sometimes I really do just want to squish him, he is so squishy!


Look how sweet these two are together.

Oliver spent a lot of time on his bum due to previously mentioned independence

Logan was being way more cautious than I was. He wanted to walk behind Oliver because lately when Oliver falls, he rolls. It's kind of weird and really funny and I am sure you all think I am a terrible mother because I laugh when my one year old falls and rolls onto his face, but he's pretty resilient. Anyway, Logan was walked behind Oliver in hopes to prevent him from knocking his head on the concrete. It was a pretty good idea because Oliver really is a rolly polly. 

 Happy first day of school Logan!

1 comment: