Thursday, August 16, 2012

An idea worth pinning :)

So I had a brilliant idea! You need to know that it is a rare occasion that I come up with an idea all on my own. Especially one that I deem pinnable.......in fact I think this is the first pinnable idea I've had since pinning became more than prepping for a sewing project. Anyway, I have been meaning to send out little thank you's for Oliver's Birthday. There were only a few people who participated, so we only needed to send out a few cards, but I wanted them to be cute. I was trying to think of a way to personalize them and having Oliver participate in anyway is simply out of the question because he's just not at that age yet and I tried to make him help me make a card for Tim with finger paints and that went all sorts of wrong. Ok, so as I was thinking I remembered that I had extra wallet sized photos of Oliver left from a little scrapbook I was working on. You can order wallets sized photos of any pictures from Costco and they come in sets of four (even though I usually only need one). And I have to tell you that wallet sized photos can be perfect for certain things. They are pretty great! So, I glued a wallet sized picture of Oliver onto the front of a blank card and stamped a little "Thanks" underneath it. I was quite pleased with the out come and myself (obviously, because I felt the need to do an entire blog post about it). I even had a shot of him opening a gift from my sister and we used that picture for her thank you card. So next time, I think I'll take a picture of him actually playing with the gift and have that be the picture on the card. Genius? 

Wouldn't you feel appreciated if you got a card with this face on it?? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment