There is nothing like a Birthday to make you feel loved and appreciated, starting with my moms sweet blog post. My mother LOVES blogs and she was pretty excited when she came up with the idea to make a post on my blog. I had no idea she would bring me to tears. I am so lucky to have her in my life, and being able to live with her is the icing on the cake.
And then of course there's the face-book shout-outs which make me feel great even if I never talk to half of the people that send me Birthday love.
I have to admit that I was kinda sad to not be with my San Diego girls who always do it up right for my Birthday. But, not only did a lot of them send me cards in the mail they also granted Tim's request and each sent me a personalized Birthday video....more tears.
It gets even better.
My new friends in Phoenix had a fun lunch get together for me with delicious food, great conversation, and lots of cute little kids running around.
Thanks Robyn for being so thoughtful!! I have friends.....tears again.
Tim got home from work early and spoiled me with some great gifts from my current wish list including a Casio watch for exercising and he hired Cindi Tanner to repaint my jewelry box.
This was my grandmothers. Lots of sentimental value but in need of a new look. Cindi did a great job capturing my grandmothers style. We still need to put the hardware and sealer on it.
Tim totally picked it out himself. How cool is this?
And then we headed up to Oak Creek Canyon with Oliver for a night at the cabin and a day hiking. Never mind that we were at a dead stop in traffic for forty minutes and when said traffic started moving our battery was dead and we didn't end up getting to the cabin until 9:30 at night only to have the electricity go out at 6:30 the next morning.......we honestly had a great time (an no tears, go me!). We went on a couple of beautiful hikes and really enjoyed the cooler weather. And Oliver had a great time exploring the outdoors, one of his most favorite things to do.
Side story about the hiking back-pack....it was in storage (it's hard to determine what you'll need and what you won't when you're packing). I gave Tim the task to go to the storage unit to try and find it and guess what was the first box right when you open the unit? You guessed it! I'm so glad he didn't have to play jenga to find it.
He loved the ride.....for the first half :)
View half way up
Looking towards Sedona.
A rest at the top
He was pretty happy to have a stick in hand which we had to take away because he was flinging it about and almost took out an eye.
The three amigos
And then he fell asleep on the way down. It was a good thing we put his little canopy up so he had a place to rest his head.
Hike #2 - my turn to carry the chubs
One of my favorite places in the world.....beautiful!
Tuckered out again. This time no canopy, just my sweaty back!
And my mom invited my grandparents and uncle over for dinner and cake and ice cream for a little celebration tonight.
Spoiled rotten is right!
It was such a fantastic Birthday and I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life who inspire me and make life so fun and enjoyable starting with my sweet husband and baby right on down to all of my wonderful friends.










Yay! So happy you had a great birthday! It's time to catch up. I'm finally home so I'll call you this week!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Syndey! I'm sad I missed all the festivities. Robyn really is super duper thoughtful and an awesome friend. The best way to not get too homesick for old friends is to have new ones that don't drop the ball on special days. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you're birthday was awesome, because you are awesome! I am SO glad I get to see you next week I can't even believe. The cabin/hike looks amazing we'll definitely have to come out some day!
ReplyDelete