Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bangs and a Date Peeeese

So as you know I am kind of obsessed with my hair (exhibit A). And today I took the plunge and got me some bangs. The verdict was still out for the first couple hours and now that I have adjusted I say, "LOVE!" It's going to be fun to have a new little spice to my hair (which I still argue is at an awkward growing out state). So, yay for bangs!

Tonight I had the wonderful opportunity to "show off" my new do on a little date with Tim. Poor man has been working 14 hour plus days and other than sleeping next to each other (if that) we haven't really gotten to hang out. So we went and got ourselves some zupas (delish) after putting the boy to bed (that perk will never get old, getting to leave the house when your kid's asleep 'cause your parents are home). It was so nice to have a good long conversation with each other with no one else around! I love dates, I think more now than I ever have.


And finally, we taught Oliver to say please "peeeese". I thought that would sound so much better than his "ahhhhhh's", "unnnnhhhhh's" and "eeeeehhhhh's" and it does, but it creates another problem. How can you say no to that face? and "peeeese", "peeeeeeeeeeeese", PEEEEEESE"!?!? Seriously, that is what he does and it is so irresistible and he knows to say it anytime he sees a cookie or a piece of candy or anything he wants. That will take a little bit of parenting control to not cave in to that boy. The best part? He says thank you (or at least his version of it) almost every time you give him what he wants or anything for that matter. Now that is fantastic. Lets just hope those words stick in his vocab forever!

Imagine that saying "peeeese". Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment