Friday, December 28, 2012

The Real Christmas Day

We spent Christmas with my parents this year. It was the Davie year, but Tim "had to work" so he took his vacation week last week and we got in a little Christmas celebration then with his parents and 6 of his 7 siblings. It was a fun crazy house for two days.

I put "had to work" because Tim had Christmas day off but he had to work the morning of Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas. But we were so glad that he was able to get the entire Christmas day off. It was the in-law year for Cody and Whitney, so we did Christmas a little different this year. Each individual family did their own Christmas on Christmas Day and then went to their in-laws who all live in the East Valley (except for us, we got to stay with my parents and Logan) in the afternoon. We didn't get to really see them Christmas day. Then two days later we did "Faux Christmas" which was GREAT!

We did our typical Christmas Eve with my Moms Aunt and Cousins. My Grandmother died 13 years ago, but we still get together with her sisters family every Christmas Eve. It's nice to still have that connection. It's a funny relationship though because we only see that side of the family one time a year. Still, it was fun.


I feel like this should be an awkward family photo. Tim took this in the bathroom, (hence the white shower curtain backdrop) before the Christmas Eve party. Oliver's sweater was pretty fantastic.  

Hanging out with the kiddos at the party.

Tim and I had to leave the party a little early because Oliver was a little sick and we wanted to get him to bed. Elizabeth left the party early with us and she helped Oliver unwrap his Christmas PJ's, which by the way I am obsessed with for obvious reason :) He looks like such a little man and I was so giddy when I found them on black Friday at the GAP outlet. Tim and I also opened our PJ's Christmas Eve.  I really love the PJ tradition.



Little Man

After Ollie went to bed Tim, Logan and I had a great time setting up a little tool bench for Oliver. He is obsessed with it. It was such a good buy. I already I feel like it has paid for itself in entertainment and busy-ness.


Oliver decided to wake up at 5:30 on Christmas morning. Yikes!! So we did stockings half asleep in our bed. He loved it and knew exactly what to do, reaching his arm in the stocking over and over again pulling out more and more goodies. I am going to have to give a big shout out to the "value" section at Target which provided us with some fantastic stocking stuffers. Tim was also super thoughtful with my stocking and got me some of my favorite candy and leg warmers!!


I love those sleepy little eyes

So, because Whitney and Cody were with their families, Tim, Oliver and I did our own little Christmas and living with my parents meant we had an audience (my parents and Logan, who enjoyed watching Oliver open his gifts). We got Oliver 3 gifts in addition to his Tool bench and I think it was a good amount. I hate to brag but I think I did a pretty good job shopping for that little 17 month old this year. Oliver got toy keys, a quiet book for church, and a pillow pet. Tim and I also exchanged gifts which is always a good time.

Love at first site right here



The Davie cousins do a gift exchange so he also got a fun activity book.


Around 8 my grandparents and uncle came over and we did a "favorite things" gift exchange. Each person brought 7 of their favorite things ($5 or less) wrapped up for each person. It was so fun!!! Here's what each person brought 'cause I know you're curious:
Mom - Jordan's Gift card (no surprise there)
Tim - Socks
Dad - Rubberband airplane with altoids
Logan - Beautiful photos that he took in Oak Creek framed
Kyle - Bags of Tootsie pops and York peppermint patties
Joan - Scarves for the ladies and nuts for the men
Frankie - A bag full of randmos from the dollar store: stapler, scissors, mug, measuring tape, pens
I gave delicious smelling car air fresheners from Bath and Body works


Everyone's favorite things

After our little exchange we had a super yummy African/German (whatever you call them) pancakes and French Toast for breakfast.


 We watch "The Family Stone" after breakfast. That show is HILARIOUS!! I honestly cry I laugh so hard every time.

We relaxed the rest of the afternoon and then my mom made the most delicious Turkey dinner and a few members from our ward joined us for dinner.



It was the calmest Christmas Day to date and even though it felt a little different, I think it was great! And the best part? We still had faux Christmas eve and day to look forward to. There's nothing like making a holiday last twice as long, especially when it's Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, it's official, I miss you! There I said it! You're going to be in SD when we get back from Redlands right?!

    Also, I love he family stone SO MUCH! Probably my fav! Love the favorite things party with the fam, they are some fun folks!

    ReplyDelete