Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Walk Down Memory Lane

One of my most favorite roommates from BYU lives in LA and she came to Phoenix for the weekend to surprise one of her friends for her 30th Birthday. (I swear I always lived with girls that were my sisters age, kinda funny). Anyway, this roommate, Emily Brown called me and asked if we could meet up while she was here. And let me just say, that one little act of her calling me made my day! She didn't come for my Birthday and I know she had lots of people to see and lots to do while she was here, but she took the time to see me. It made me sooooo happy! It's amazing how something so small can have such a large impact!

So Emily Brown came over to my parents house and we picked up lunch and we got as caught up as one can get in a two hour time period. It's been about a year since I've seen her, so we weren't too behind. It was so great to talk and laugh and I am so glad Oliver got to spend a little time with her. The last time he saw her he was only 4 months old. She is such a fun friend and spending time with her reminded me of our BYU days......

I had an interesting experience at BYU. I ALWAYS lived with people I didn't know. It's just how it worked out for me. So, my first year my roommates were really nice, but we all had very different lives. And then my second year my roommates were so great, but they had all graduated from college, enter Emily Brown, and so they worked and played and let me tag along :) They were pretty hilarious and I feel like I need to just show you how hilarious they were:



One evening I got home from a date with Tim to find that Emily and Brooke had taken every single piece of bedding in the apartment (including all of the mattresses) and made a giant fort that we all had the pleasure of sleeping in together for the next week.  

Emily saw this poor cat on her drive home and stopped to help it. She had to get a picture of it first. I swear Emily came upon the funniest things.

Emily and Nadia were fortune tellers at our stake Halloween party. Not only are they wearing every piece of jewelry in the apartment, but they were telling the funniest fortunes.

Emily decided she wanted to see if she could fit inside the couch, she could! In fact a few times she wedged in there a little more and when people came over they would sit on the couch and scare them. 

I feel like this picture is a pretty good representation of Emily Brown. She is ALWAYS happy.

Oh, and our Christmas card photo. 


It's so fun to look back on these old photos and remember all of the random fun times. I balled when these girls moved out in December of 2006 and two randoms and my cousin moved in. I'll tell you what, as risky as living with randoms is/was I definitely got some lifelong friends out of it and for that I am so incredibly grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment