Thursday, September 6, 2012

San Diego - Part 1

For the last three summers my parents have rented a beach house on mission beach. And this year was the first time I got to go as a vacationer, not a San Diegan with family in town. It was lots of fun. I figured since I was going to San Diego anyway, I would take advantage of the opportunity and go a few days ahead of my fam to see friends. And that, was a brilliant idea!

I had such a blast spending time with my friends and pretending that I lived in San Diego again. We went to the beach, the park, the outdoor mall (in the summer?) and the pool (that didn't feel like a bathtub, much to my surprise). We even had a girls night where we acted a fool and laughed 'till we cried (or wet our pants depending on bladder control post-pregnancy). It was a grand ol' time and Oliver was obsessed with being outside. I can't say that I blame the poor kid. He also loved all of the "big kids" and even the "little ones".  I flew in on Tuesday and I met up with my family at the beach house on Saturday.

I thought Oliver might fall asleep on the airplane, that was wishful thinking. Are you kidding me? There is way too much to see and touch. It was a pretty empty flight so we had the entire row to ourselves......delightful!
 

The first evening we had a little picnic at the beach. Oliver was pretty excited to be back at his old stomping grounds. He LOVED it!

Just playing with London


Do you see that her hands are on her hip? I love it!

London, Easton, and Oliver. I love this picture, it's so special :)


And oh the San Diego Sunsets

The next day we went to the beach and Oliver was throwing sand without even knowing it. 

Just hanging out by the pool
Even baby Pierce and Ivory made an appearance.

Girls Night

Kate gave us lessons on how to make ugly faces. I think we did a pretty good job mastering it by the end of the night.
I mean, those are some pretty ugly faces

A morning walk with Oliver. This little guy is mister independent and he wants to figure out how the world works. All. By. Himself!

Playing at the park with London, after a swim.

I used Oliver's stroller as his high chair while we were there. It worked out quite well. This day, he was holding his feet, and then he would bring them up to his cheeks and give them a little pat, pat. It was so funny. I am only sad that I didn't get a shot of the pat, pat.



*A big thanks to Krystle for letting us invade her space and being an awesome host. 

1 comment: