Yesterday afternoon I asked Logan and Tim what they wanted to do. I said I wanted to take pictures and they just sat there with not much input. Then after a minute Logan shared that he wanted to go for a bike ride. Great idea Logan, except for none of us have bikes......And that is when it all started. We could buy bikes. We should totally buy ourselves bikes and give them to each other for our anniversary and then we will have a fun thing to do as a family. So we went to Target and picked out a cute set of Schwinn bikes (I got a horn for mine) and of course we had to get a little seat for Oliver which meant we also had to get him the cutest little bike helmet. Tim and Logan happily rode the bikes home while I drove Oliver. After taking way too long to assemble Olivers seat we got to take a short ride around the block before the sun went down. It was such a great ride and now I am giddy over the thought of being able to go on a nice little ride with Oliver. And, now I don't have to worry about getting Tim an anniversary gift. Good idea Logan, seriously!!!!
In the Target Parking lot (some things just need to be documented)
Putting Oliver's seat together was not as quick as we anticipated and it's high stakes because it's kinda important that it's put together well. You know, so he doesn't fall out.
Ready to take our Maiden Ride
Please Note:
1) Logan Photo bombing this photo, he looks pretty happy to be on this ride.
2) How awesome this photo is with everything around us out of focus (Tim took it with his iphone)
3) I have wanted a beach cruiser since we moved to San Diego (4 1/2 years ago). Thank you Tim for making my dreams come true!
4) I haven't owned a bike since I was in middle school. This is pretty exciting for me.
Addendum (thanks to Maren): Tim was wearing a helmet on our ride. I plan on wearing a helmet every time I go for a bike ride and I promise I had brought one outside to put on, but my excitement must have gotten the best of me and I pedaled off without it :-/ Thanks for looking out Maren and Rachy B
I hate to be Debbie downer here, those look freaking amazing...but I am going to need to see a helmet on that noggin of yours. Tim, as an ER doc, should know all about the freak possibilities of head injury from a casual bike ride. I have only a few soapboxes (ha!) but this is one...:))) really though, have a blast on those fun prizes!!!!!
ReplyDeleteDearest Maren, Thanks for calling me out ;) No but seriously, Tim was wearing a helmet and I brought one outside to put on. I swear I did and then before I thought twice I was peddling away. It must have been the excitement! I have every intention of wearing a helmet when I ride, don't worry. And besides, helmets are only a small fraction of my anxieties caused by Tim working in the ER :-/
DeleteI feel so much better!!! I really like both of your brains so I just want them to stay intact for along while!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, Sydney...you look great! Thank you for catalyzing my trip to the gym today with your skinniness!
ReplyDeletetalk about spontaneous! So cool! You guys look great!
ReplyDelete