Oliver has not yet discovered the pleasure in TV and Movie watching. As hard as we've tried to convince him that it's enjoyable (I would love it if he'd watch a thirty minute show in the morning so I could get a shower in) he just won't have it. And even when he comes up to me with the remote control and says "show" I know that it is just a tease, he just wants to see the remote in action. We have finally found a very small exception to this. There is a short Disney Pixar movie called "La Luna" that we watch on You Tube and Oliver is obsessed. We watch it multiple times a day and each time he is glued for the short 6 minutes. He actually knows when it's about to end and that is when he either starts to loose interest or get upset and ask for "more." Fortunately for me I think it is a pretty cute little movie and therefore I am ok with watching it so often.
Today I took Oliver on a walk. I was hoping to get a little relief from the crying sick child that he has been today. After only being on our walk for a minute my sweet little genius pointed up at the sky and said "la luna." He was pointing to the moon (which I still don't understand why it's out at 2 in the afternoon but that is besides the point). I was so surprised and amazed and even a little touched by this small action. I guess he got the right idea from the show. And even though he remains as fussy as ever, it's so fun to have that sweet little moment to glean on for the rest of my husbandless Sunday :)
For your viewing pleasure, La Luna:
No comments:
Post a Comment