Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Five Years of Marital Bliss!!

Saturday Tim and I celebrated our Fifth wedding anniversary. Weird!! It's pretty amazing how quickly time flies. I feel like I need to admit that when Tim and I got married I was a little freaked out. Was it the right decision? Would I be happy? Is this really love? I know that you should have all of those things figured out before you take the leap, and even though I didn't, I just knew that Tim was the right one. Kind of weird. Now fast forward five years.....I couldn't have been more dead on. Marrying Tim was hands down the best decision EVER! We have really worked at making our marriage meaningful and I feel like it's been worth every minute. There is no one that I would rather talk to or hang out with or be annoyed with :) than Tim. He really is the shoulder that I look for when I need a good cry and he really is the worlds best listener. Basically Tim is the BOMB! (I know.....wow).

There is nothing better than a January wedding in Mesa, AZ

I feel like this is a pretty good representation of me. Wide mouthed and happy :)

This is my favorite wedding picture of Tim. He just looks so young and sweet.

Anyway, Saturday morning we "let Logan" get up with Oliver (yes Logan is the worlds best uncle) and Tim and I slept in until 8. After having breakfast we dropped Oliver off at Claire's (who is the greatest for always watching Oliver for us) and hiked Squaw Peak. It was so fun to do it in the daylight and go at a normal pace.


Then we put Oliver down for a nap and made a delicious lunch. After Oliver's nap we went to the Biltmore Fashion Park and walked around the Union. I'm kind of obsessed with the Union right now. I love to go in there and day dream about all the pretty things and a some day house. We returned the awesome silver watch that Tim got me for our anniversary (the bikes were supposed to be the gifts and Tim cheated....I'm of course ok with that and only feel slightly bad that I didin't cheat too), so I could get the same watch in gold.


We went to the Fossil store at Scottsdale Fashion Square and found the watch in gold. And lets just say I've been checking the time a whole lot more since Saturday.


After Oliver went to bed for the night we went out to dinner. I insisted we try a new restaurant so we decided on Rehab Burger Therapy in Scottsdale. There's nothing like a good burger to set the mood. It was pretty delicious. 


But the shake was the best part!! Oh and did I mention I love my watch? Anyway, it was a wonderful anniversary and Tim and I had a good time talking about all of the things that we have done together in the last five years. It's amazing how much we've managed to squeeze in there. Cheers to marriage, it really is the BEST!!

3 comments:

  1. That last picture of you is making me so happy. I love that you are showing your watch. So cute. You looked so beautiful on your wedding day (and tan!). Congrats on 5 great years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I love about you guys is that you know how to party!!! Sounds like an awesome day and I love the watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of shake was that? It looks delish!

    ReplyDelete