Friday, June 14, 2013

Half Way There

Well, I am half way there. I hit my 20 week mark which means I have about another 10 weeks to be somewhat comfortable and then the real discomfort sets in :) I say "Bring It ON!!" On the one hand I feel like I've been pregnant forever and on the other I feel like that last 20 weeks flew by and this baby will be here before we know it.

Apparently my baby is the size of a small cantaloupe and is still less than a pound. One thing is for sure, this baby is moving like crazy. There is a good chance he might come out an acrobat with all the goings ons inside of me. I do love to feel him move, but I do have to admit that because this is my second, I feel that the ...... isn't quite there like it was with Oliver. I'm not as light hearted about the discomforts and maybe a little more annoyed :-/ I'll have to work on that. Everything else is going well. My nausea is pretty much gone, I like to eat again (unless it's something new or different). I seem to have more energy and I'm still a little emotional (no big surprise there).  An oh the Anxiety!! I was an anxious wreck when I was pregnant with Oliver. Nighttime was/is the worst. Someone is most definitely going to drown in my mom's pool or die in a car accident. And don't get me starting on someone breaking into my house.......I kinda turn into a loon. Can anyone else relate? Or is this just me? At any rate, I spend a lot of energy trying to stay true to my "normal self" which is tricky when you are growing another human being.

So, it's time to start nesting!! I have big plans for Oliver's "Big Boy Room" and I just found this inspiring nursery picture on instagram. More to come on both of those!!! Nesting is one of my favorite parts of this whole process, that and I love declutering, organizing, and decorating anyway, so it's always fun to have a little motivation.
Isn't this cute?? I'm going to start used furniture shopping soon if anyone wants to join me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment