Monday, June 24, 2013

Has it really been a year?!?!

Tim finished his very last shift of his first year of residency. He got home at 5:30 am, today! What a stud! One year down, two to go. I can't believe it's already been a year. There were definitely some rough weeks in there, but overall it was very doable. Rumor has it second year is a little rougher, fortunately we aren't having a baby or anything......oh wait ;) It's times like these I'm even more glad we are living close to family. I am so proud of Tim for working so hard and learning how to be such a good ER doc. AND for being such an awesome dad and husband. He really can do it all!!!

In honor of finishing his first year, I made him the traditional frosted brownies. I started this tradition our first year of medical school and you know what that say, "Old habits die hard!"

I don't even want to talk about the fact that I spelled Intern wrong, what a nerd! I'm so glad I caught it in time to "fix it". (Intern year is the first year of residency. All of the first years are called interns, and he will never be referred to as an intern ever again....hopefully)

The tradition began in 2009

I took the day off of work to celebrate with him. We were so excited to have a year down.

Second year was pretty exciting too (and I wised up and used white frosting). Tim was getting ready to rotate through the hospital and finally get his hands dirty.

Two of our besties, Brett and Krystle, celebrated with us!

Would you believe that I don't have a picture of Tim with his third year brownies? I'm just sure I made them......didn't I? I was pretty pregnant when he finished up third year so that can be my excuse.......I think I made him brownies though.....I hate not remembering.

And the final year!!! Yay for Tim!! After this, we had THREE whole months of vacation in San Diego and a trip to Switzerland to look forward to. That was pretty fantastic. I can't even believe that it was just last year.

And there Brett and Krystle are again to celebrate with us!!

Yay for progress!! I am so excited for my sweet husband and all the progress he has made. He really is making his/our dreams come true.


3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! The years are flying by. So crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should make us some frosted brownies for making it past halfway of our pregnancies!?! I'm pretty sure I could polish off half a pan. Congrats to Tim! Cool to see the progress. You could totally pull off that hairdo, but I do think it will be more work than your current style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Tim! I love that the first year had something written on it, but you can't read it at all. I also am a little sad because you aren't going to be able to celebrate with the Montgomery's this year! Frosted brownies sound amazing. Can't believe this is your fifth round of celebrating!

    ReplyDelete