Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Big Water Baby!!

What I really want my title to say is My Big Water Baby! I honestly thought that all of my children would be obsessed with water. Oliver especially, being born in San Diego and all. Over the past couple of months I hate to say I've been a little disappointed with his disinterest with the water. There are way too many more important things to do than to run through water that is coming up through a sprinkler or wade in water in a swimming pool........ I never thought I would be the type of parent to push my kid into anything, but loving water is kind of a must when it's 110 degrees outside and it's one of the five activities to do in the summer. Maybe it will grow on him?????

Tim had today off so we went to the splash pad at Tempe Town Lake. Not knowing they don't turn the water on until 10 (make note) we got there at 9:15. We decided to kill 45 minutes by renting a paddle boat. I thought Oliver would LOVE it. Not so much. Although he was a lot happier once I took his life vest off which then made me super paranoid and I thought if I were an onlooker I would judge me for not making my 23 month old wear a life jacket.

Love him!

Family shot. Tim and I were both surprised at Oliver's disinterest. 

He was much happier to have the stinky (it was pretty stinky) life jacket off of him. I don't blame the poor guy.

After our little paddle boating experience we went over to the splash pad where Oliver did a lot more observing than playing. What can I say? My child is a people watcher :) With a little encouragement and a lot of hand holding (literally) he got wet and I like to think had a good time.

Yep, that's my kid. The one with the pretzels. Is it bad that I think he is already getting comfort from food?!?!?

Poor guy doesn't have enough of a core to keep upright on the slide. So he always ends up on his back most of the way down.

We was pretty excited about these oversize water guns until he got "shot at" and then he was pretty freaked out by them. 

That would be me just encouraging him through the water.......does the fact that I led him directly into the water make me a mean mom ?

Just doing a little staring

and a little more staring

And I'm doing a little more "encouraging"

See, I do care. Just giving his eyes a little wipe off after he got squirted :)

Even though he wasn't running around like a crazy person acting like he was in heaven the entire time, it was still a really fun morning. We love having time with Tim.

Here's to hoping he loves that wet stuff sooner than later. I'm ready to teach that boy to to swim!!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun. You make me want to move to Phoenix ;-)

    ReplyDelete