Monday, May 7, 2012

A Date with Oliver

On Friday Tim went to Pittsburg, PA where all 7 of his siblings, two in-laws, one nephew AND his mother ran the Pittsburg full and half marathons. AMAZING!!! Poor Tim couldn't run because he injured his foot :( But all of that is another post in itself.....

While Tim was gone Oliver and I had a grand ol' time. No need to bum around and do nothing just because dad is out of town (even though that's kind of what I did at night, I found a teenie bopper Aussie sitcome on Netflix that I am loving, Dance Academy). Saturday we decided to see the sights!! We started the day off with a nice little jog on the beach. And let me tell you, there is A LOT going on at the beach on Saturday mornings. Surfers, kayakers, fishers, scuba divers, runners, they are all out there, not to mention all the road bikers that take over the streets on your way to the beach. It's pretty fun to feel like your're part of the Saturday morning beach club. Then after O's morning nap we REALLY went out. There is a very cool area in Solano Beach called the Cedros Design District that my friend Krystle (who happens to be a designer) introduced me to and it is well, great. Oliver and I walked around the shops and had lunch at a yummy little cafe and then moseyed over to the beach and soaked up a little vitamin D. We then took the "long way" home along the coast and I had one of those moments. The "I can not believe that I live here" moments.  And after an afternoon nap we picked up some groceries and then celebrated Cinco de Mayo by meeting our besties Brett, Krystle and baby Pierce for a little Chipotle. It was such a beautiful day!







2 comments: