Today was so relaxing. We went to sacrament meeting and then came home so Oliver could take a nap (we he did which was delightful). And then we took a very pretty scenic boat-ride on Lake Thun. On our way home we stopped by the Bern Switzerland Temple. It was very pretty and simple ( and side note, it was the first temple built in Europe). It was the perfect Sunday for out of towners like ourselves.
Here are my top 10 for today:
1) We went to sacrament meeting in a large office type building (The church has the ground floor reserved. No pews just chairs). It gave me a new appreciation for the beautiful chapel I attend every Sunday.
2) We listened to the service with interpreting headphones, which makes me appreciate language barriers.
3) We all went on a boat-ride on Lake Thun. The views were beautiful as always.
4) Oliver had his first bite of Ice cream. It may have been a little cold for him, but I see an ice cream lover in our future (just like his mamma).
5) The color of the water here is beautiful! It's bluish/green but in a very clean way, not a stinky murky way.
6) I love the architecture here and I noticed that the shutters on the sides of the windows are actually functional, I was shocked they weren't just glued to the side of the house.
7) Tim put coins on the train track and we heard them get crunched by the train and saw them smooshed. Unfortunately Tim couldn't go back on the tracks to get them before our train left.
8) We stopped by the beautiful Swiss temple.
9) Oliver is an excellent travel companion and everyone has been in awe of what a good sport he's been.
10) It's so nice to have a relaxing day. I am grateful that God made Sundays.





No comments:
Post a Comment