Before we had little O, Tim and I loved walking on the beach and roaming around the tide pools to see what we could find (one time we were lucky enough to see a little octopus, no joke!). Today was especially awesome because 1) We were the ONLY ones there and 2) We got to show Oliver. It was so fun and once again confirmed my fascination for the ocean and all of the many creatures that are roaming about in it. Today we saw the usual; star fish, sea urchin's, crabs and hermit crabs, little fish and we collected lots of sand dollars, which is always fun.
Addendum: Talking about seeing the octopus got me all sentimental and I started looking through some old pictures. It's pretty crazy how many awesome things we've seen at the beach since we've been here. Here are some of the highlights:
The above mentioned octopus
Someone caught a leopard shark right in front of our very eyes
And the Finale....Have you EVER seen this?!?!!?






Grrr! I was all excited to see the video, but it says "The video is currently not available. Please try again later." I guess I'll try again... later. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing! I've been to the tide pools dozens of times and always miss seeing those things! So awesome!
ReplyDelete