On Thursday we took our last trip to Phil's BBQ, a San Diego must!
Friday was a ferry ride to Coronado and a pizza dinner with friends.
Then on Saturday I had my last surfing date with my friend Krystle. We haven't surfed together since before both of us were pregnant, so at least 19 months ago! It was really fun. We are both at the same skill level (cruising in on the white wash) but we sure do have a good time.
And now I am patiently waiting for 5:30 pm to arrive. So we can go to the airport and make our way to Switzerland where we will stay with my Aunt who is living in Bern. We are SO excited for this once in a lifetime opportunity. I have never been abroad, so this will be a totally new experience for me. I'm a little nervous about travel with a 10 month old, but I know it's going to be a fantastic trip, I can just feel it.
And then when we get home it's all over. We get home Friday night, Tim graduates Sunday, and we pull out with the moving truck on Tuesday. And then life changes.
Tim and I decided that spending residency in Phoenix close to my family was the best option, and I still think we were right. But lets be honest, San Diego is amazing. But more than the amazingness of San Diego, I think I am going to miss what this time represents. Tim and I came here all by our little selves not knowing anyone and we built a wonderful little life here. We have grown so much both individually and together. We have made friends that will last a lifetime and we have made some of our lives best memories. What an amazing opportunity to live in beautiful San Diego. I never in million years thought I would be able to call this city home, and that is for sure what it has been for the last four years.
And now we are going to Phoenix........and we are going to LOVE it. We are going to embrace the change, enjoy the sunshine and the swimming, and appreciate all the comfort and support that comes from being close to family. We are going to enjoy the paycheck that will finally be coming to us after 8 years of schooling (thank you Tim). And we'll do our best to love the new phase and look back on this time with fondness.
I love you San Diego, thanks for the good times......tears (literally).

Wow! Such gorgeous pictures. Man life is good right now, huh?!
ReplyDelete