Top 10:
1) We toured a wonderfully preserved very old Swiss castle the Château de Chillon.
2) In Montreaux we ate lunch (brie, bread, turkey, apples, and chips) on the water front of Lake Geneva. It was so pretty and peaceful.
3) Lake Geneva (Switzerland's largest lake) is between Switzerland and France. We could see France from our end and it kinda made me wish we were going over there. (next time?)
4) Tim and I each got a gelato (which I've been wanting since we got here) and indulged while we walked around Montreaux.
5) Everyone here smokes!! So gross!! Maybe that's why there is so few overweight people. I told Tim today that "if I smoked I would smoke Virginia Slims because there more dainty". Totally random, but true.
6) We went on Rick Steve's walking tour of Lausanne and saw Switzerland's largest church in addition to other cool sights.
7) I told Tim that I wanted to get a Swiss made watch while we were here and today I got a beautiful Swiss Swatch watch. Yay!
8) We rented a paddle boat and paddled around Lake Geneva. It was a warm day, so it was perfect. We took off our shoes and stuck our feet in the water.
9) The two main languages spoken in Switzerland are Swiss German and French. We have spent most of our time in the German speaking parts of the country, but today we were in the French speaking part and both Tim and I decided that French is prettier than German.
10) We went on a nice long walk tonight (it doesn't get dark till 9:45) and we came across some really great playgrounds. I kinda feel the the US needs to step it up.








No comments:
Post a Comment