"Seriously" is what my awesome Aunt Dru says everyone we see amazing views (so about every 10 minutes or so). Seriously though, the views here are indescribable. I feel like I totally understand how fräulein Maria would get caught up walking deeper and deeper into the hills, they are so mesmerizing (never-mind that she was in Austria). I think today we saw the most spectacular views of all. AMAZING!!!
Today's 10
1) We took a train ride to Luzern. We didn't spend any time there, but it looked interesting enough to persuade us to arrange our days so we can go back and spend more time there.
2) We hopped on a boat to the base of Mt Rigi. Even though it was crowded, the views were beautiful and I imagined for a moment what it might be like to own a house on this lake.
3) Then we took a cog-wheel train up to the top of Mt Rigi. Once again the views were out of control. At one point people gasped with amazement (no joke).
4) Oliver spit carrots on the couple sitting across from us on the train. We decided to feed him on the ride up the mountain and I can't tell you how embarrassed I was when he spit a mouth full of baby food at the couple across from us. They were good sports about it fortunately.
5) We walked around the top of Rigi and watch hangliders take off and land. What a crazy hobby.
6) We had lunch at a restaurant that overlooked the Alps.
7) I shut the elevator on an old man on accident. He was getting on the elevator an I pressed the button for the floor I wanted to go to and that made the heavy metal door close right then. It started to smash him. I pulled back on the door to reopen it and he gave me the CRUSTIEST look. (I have a feeling my sister Whitney is going to appreciate this story the most).
8) Once down the mountain we took a long windy bus ride to the train station. We drove by a lot of quaint lake towns with amazing houses and nice cars.
9) The police sirens hear sound totally different than the U.S. and I think they sound really cool.
10) Tim made a delicious tortellini dinner for everyone.
PS do you like the collages better or the whole pictures?












Stunning! I'm really enjoying seeing your trip through your blog. I'm a just a little jealous though...
ReplyDeleteI have to say that I like the whole pictures. It's easier to see the "Amazing" views. So sorry about the carrots story and yes, I'm sure Whitney did appreciate the elevator story.
ReplyDelete