Saturday, May 5, 2012

Jogging on the Beach

Tim and I had "exercising 5 days a week" on our bucket list......and well we are trying :) For the last two weeks we have been pretty consistant with jogging on the beach a few days a week. Unfortunately we are both recovering from running injuries so we only go about two miles and we go reeeeaaaalllllyyyy slow (Tim pointed out that we were going 13min. miles today, that's like walking).


When we first moved to San Diego I had such high hopes of going to the beach EVERYDAY, becoming a surfer, and one of those people who not only runs on the beach, but pauses every couple miles to bust out some crunches and push-ups. Unfortunately that did not happen. You know work, responsibilities, sleep and life kind of get in the way. And it's a lot easier to just step outside your front door and go for a run than it is to drive yourself down to the beach. But I do feel like our recent beach runs have been making up for lost time and intentions. And Oh how I Love the beach! I am not quite sure what I am going to do when I get to Phoenix and I can't run along the sand in 65 degree temperature. I'll have to cross that bridge when I get there.

 Can I please be friends with the people in the top right corner, who are hosting a spin class on there back patio that just happens to overlook La Jolla Shores?!?!?!

And Oliver is always such a good sport!

2 comments:

  1. I am with you, the beach is my favorite. Enjoy every last minute. I would love to live close to a beach someday. See you in 16 days.

    ReplyDelete