I feel like Tim and I have been on vacation for weeks now (probably because technically we have). But just in the past week we have been really starting to act like it. Making sure we get in as much of San Diego as we can and for us that includes lots of food! We have been having a fabulous time eating out with our favorite people. And for some odd reason instead of going to our favorite places, we have been going to new ones....which have now made it to the "highly recommend to anyone who is visiting San Diego list". Here are a few of our faves:
Tender Greens: A fun restaurant in Liberty Station. Primarily salads and sandwiches (pretty healthy place). We shared soup and their Salt and Pepper Chicken plate which came with a side salad and mash potatos....it was delicious! I don't remember the last time I had chicken that was that tender AND juicy and tasted that good. I would also like to note Oliver in the larger picture. How amazing is it that he is turing to look at the camera with a smile on his face!?!? I love that child.
Puesto: Delicious Mexican food in downtown La Jolla. We went on a beautiful Friday evening (see the sunset in the upper right). Tim and I shared some pretty yummy tacos. They have all sorts of toppings including cactus which we did indeed try. In addition to frozen horchata which does taste just like a churo in drink form (which is what Krystle said it would taste like). We had a fabulous time, enjoyed the ambiance, the food and the company.
Caroline's Cafe : Overlooking La Jolla Shores next to the Scripps Institute of Oceanography, we had the best seat in the house. We got to enjoy a delicious lunch while watching surfers catch waves and listening to the ocean. Tim got a hamburger and I got the Tuna Salad Sandwich. I was looking for a little more flavor....but the ambiance made it all worth it. I've heard the breakfast is the best so we may have to squeeze that in before we move.





We never ate at any of those! So many good places to eat. Maybe we'll have to explore more when we all meet up there to vacation. ;)
ReplyDelete