We spent the day in town an hour train ride from Bern called Luzern. Tim and I both decided this is our favorite town (maybe its a toss up between Luzern and Bern). We had a really nice day walking around with Oliver who was amazingly well behaved (we got pretty lucky on this trip). We headed home around 3 do we could pay a visit to the Bern petting zoo.
Here are the highlights/standouts from the day:
1) We took another one of Rick Steves walking tours. This one of Luzern. We saw two really cool old bridges and a very beautiful Baroque inspired church among other things. We've decided that Rick Steve's knows what's up :)
2) There is a Lion that is carved out of the side of the mountain. He is injured and laying there and it is such an amazing sculpture. And I'm so glad we were able to see it.
3) More Swans!! Today we learned that the King of France gave the Swiss swans (at one point) and that's why there are so many here. I decided today they are my favorite bird. They are so beautiful with their long necks just gliding across the water. And I think Oliver loves them as much as I do. He was so stuck on watching them and tried to pull himself over the bridge to get to them.
4) A random toddler ran right up to Oliver and grabbed at his face. Tim quickly intervened (I was pushing the stroller) and the child's mother ran up frantically behind him. It was an uncomfortable moment for all parties but I think especially for Oliver.
5) We got lunch at a street stand and ate it by the Lake Front. It felt very picturesque.
6) We got Gelato (again!) and sat down in the shade to enjoy it.
7) We purchased Oliver's First Swiss army knife. We haven't yet decided when we are going to give it to him, but he can tell everyone that it's officially from Switzerland.
8) We visited the Picasso exhibit at a downtown museum. So cool to see his original work. That man had quite the imagination!
9) There is a Petting Zoo close to my aunts house an it's free. So we took Oliver down there and he got to pet a horse and a goat in addition to seeing a pig, donkey, rabbit, and a lama. I think he was interested in the animals which was cute.
10) We ate a delicious home made lasagna dinner at Drus. Thanks Auntie!!






No comments:
Post a Comment