Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Celebrating

I have mixed emotions about throwing a Birthday party for a one year old. There's a big part of me that feels like it's a total waste. Not only will they have no recollection of the celebration, but they are usually not interested in opening gifts or smashing cake. I still really felt the need to throw a little party for Oliver. Tim said it best "Oliver may not know that we threw him a party, but we will." So true! And now he will have some pictures to look at to prove that he did have a first Birthday party. The other great thing, is that we only had family come and who better to feed and throw a party for than family?

We had a pool party. I am sure the first of many Birthday pool party's Oliver will have. I am a summer Birthday too, I can totally relate. It was really fun and so nice for my nieces and nephews and siblings and parents to be there. It was a pretty good time!

We put together little take home buckets for all the cousins (I love the dollar bin at target!)

The buckets were a pretty big hit



And then we had pizza

Which Oliver really liked


And we swam




Whitney and Rhett

Elle trying to catch Grandpa in a game of Colors

Grandma and Rhett



Logan is throwing Crew who happens to be loosing his shorts :)




Claire with Max (who is the worlds happiest baby)

Family Photo op

The moms with their boys (Tim is obsessed with Photo bombing lately)

And this little masterpiece is/was a pretty proud moment for me. I'm not the most creative person, but I found a picture of a similar cake online (thank you pinterest) and was so please that it actually turned out pretty good. Three cheers for making your own cake!
Oh, and Oliver needed his own cake to smash so I just whipped this up ;) And no online tutorial for this one!
A big thanks to my mom who helped me with both cakes

Max helped Oliver with his cake (unfortunately we only have video of Oliver "eating" his cake)

And Oliver got some really nice gifts, he has the best Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and Grandparents on both sides. We're sad we couldn't share the day with the Davie's as well.





Thank you to all of our friends and family that helped celebrate Oliver with us. We love you all!!!


Oh Yeah........

On Oliver's actual Birthday (Saturday) Tim and I took him to breakfast. We went to a restaurant called 5 'n Diner. It was pretty cute and a fun little tradition for us to start.




Oliver helped us both with our breakfast and he loved it

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Oliver! Could he get any more handsome? and I love his little cheeks. Great job on the cakes, Syd. They're awesome!

    ReplyDelete