Saturday, July 28, 2012

These shoes are made for walking!

At the beginning of the summer I saw these shoes on an online GAP model and I thought "I have to have those." It's pretty rare that I think that about a pair of shoes. I consider myself more of a clothes person than a shoe person, but every once in a while a pair will call my name and this pair did. Unfortunately they we too expensive and they were nowhere to be found in the store so I did my best to forget about them. And then GAP went and sent me a "30% off your online purchase" code with free shipping. Those tricky little devils.  How could I pass that up? So I ordered those beautiful shoes and they lived up to my expectations.

In the e-mail confirmation I was told that it would take up to nine days to receive them (an early Birthday present to me). Imagine my surprise when the shoes showed up on my doorstep TWO days later.....THANK YOU GAP!!! I went ahead and tried them on. And then I went ahead and tried them on for everyone that came and went from my parents house that day (that is a lot of people lately). Then I did what any respectable new shoe purchaser would do, I made sure that I would have occasion to wear them the following day in all their glory and with the right outfit. I needed to swing by the Post Office to drop off a package..... (hey, as a stay at home mom some days I will take any excuse to shower and get dressed up!). Imagine how silly I felt when my mom asked me where I was going all dressed up and I told her the Post Office : / She asked me if I wanted to go anywhere else all fancy so I  jumped on that offer and also went to the grocery store for her. My sister was hanging out for the day so she came along and we had a wonderful time running our little errands and I just loved walking in my new shoes.

Do you want to know my favorite part about my new shoes? They are pretty retro and my mom swears she had a pair just like them in college and she even did me the honor of trying them on. I love those sweet bonding moments with my mom.

And there they are, isn't it a beautiful sight? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment