Sunday, July 1, 2012

Date Night

Saturday night Tim and I treated ourselves to a little date night (he paid with his own hard earned money!). We got ourselves a babysitter (my little brother, the best kind of babysitter) and headed out at 6PM. I don't think I can remember the last time we went on a date that early. It was actually really nice. We drove "all the way" to Gilbert, which is about a 25 minute drive, so we could eat at Cafe Rio. Cafe Rio is definitely one of our favorites. We always share the pork salad and get a side of tortillas. It's the perfect amount of food and oh so delicious!! And, I also don't remember the last time we took such a long time to eat our food. I feel like we are usually finished in 5 minutes flat, but we took our time and had great conversation. It was fun to talk without any interruptions. I got to hear all about orientation and more details about the program, which by the way, he is really happy about and really feels like it was the best pick and will give him some really good training. It was so good to hear all that and reassuring for me.

After Cafe Rio we headed over to Bahama Bucks which is pretty much Heaven in a cup. They make the smoothest shaved ice I have ever had in my life! We each got our shaved ice "Bahama Mama Rama" style which means not only was there vanilla ice cream at the bottom of the cup, but the flavored syrups were alternating between a smooth creamer and the syrup. Can you even try to imagine how awesome this was? I told Tim that we are definitely going back for more! Unfortunately the only locations are in the East valley, so we'll have to trek out to Mesa for that deliciousness, but I think it is totally worth it!

And then we went home. It was nice to get home kind of early actually because we have both been pretty tired. I don't know if it's the heat or Oliver's early awakenings........ Anyway, when we got home we paid Logan a whopping $10!! He would have done it for free, but we don't want to take advantage and we would also like him to watch Oliver again so we figured 10 bucks was fair. We had to take a picture of the business transaction though because it was the first time actually paying someone to watch Oliver (we've been asking favors and trading with friends when we were in San Diego). It was a good night and we are looking forward to doing it again soon.


I feel like Cafe Rio is one of the things that brought us together when we first started dating in Provo, so we owe a lot to that place


Heaven in a cup :) I got cherry colada bahama rama mama (say that 10 times fast)

Indulging. The top bite is my favorite!

Tim got half banana colada and half strawberry colada bahama rama mama



Our first business transaction (Please note that Logan did not want me to post this photo, because of his smile. It is obviously not his usual smile so take that into consideration when judging him.....sorry Logan)

4 comments:

  1. Has that bahama place been around for a long time? Because I'm pretty sure I went to that place or one just like it when I lived there. People just don't understand what real shaved ice should be like if they haven't witnessed that. Woohoo for paying a babysitter! We just recently did that with a YW in our ward.... crazy...and yet we all survived. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it has been around for a while and it's been all the rave, so I'm glad I finally got to experience it. I know, weird to pay a babysitter, and I am glad it went ok. Look at you guys going out :) Did Matt have a night off?

      Delete
  2. Can we go both of those places when I'm there? Love to read what your up to. Can't wait to see Oli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!!! Oliver is pretty excited to see you too :)

      Delete