Friday, July 20, 2012

What has Tim been up to?

Next week is Tim's last official week of orientation/training. Starting in August he will be rounding on Orthopedic Surgery...... we'll see how that goes with a different schedule. I've actually been pretty impressed with all of the time his residency has spent on certifying and training the new residents. Lately he's been spending at lot of time at the Banner Good Samaritain hospital which has one of the nation's largest simulation centers. It's basically a pretend hospital full of these amazing mannequins that can do all sorts of awesome stuff like cry, throw up, stop breathing, etc. There is a computer that is used to alter heart rate, blood pressure, an airway obstruction and all sorts of other crazy stuff. From what I understand each one of these mannequins is worth a whopping $40,000 (I wouldn't want to be the one to break any of them). It's really cool that these new doctors have the opportunity to practice their skills in a controlled setting. Tim really seems to be liking it, not to mention that Good Sam's cafeteria is better than the County hospital's and he is loving the $200 a month that he gets there!! He is such a foodie :)

Unfortunately you can't see that the baby has an umbilical cord, these things are legit!

The mannequins are called The Sims

Kinda creapy lookin', but legit!

I'm excited for him to look this happy after helping a real person :)

No comments:

Post a Comment