Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Piano Man

I have always wanted to be a pianist. A really good one. Someone who could just sit down at the piano and play Clair De Lune or other beautiful songs. But, I never really practiced enough and unfortunately I wanted to try too many other things to commit all my time to the piano (this problem still exists today which is why I remain mediocre at everything and I never really master a skill, maybe one day I'll settle down on something). Anyway, I now have high hopes that my children will fill those dreams. I realize this is totally unfair, but still a mom can dream. The good news is that as of late Oliver has been gravitating to the piano at my parents house. I like to think that he is bonding with his future talent even though I am fully aware that to a child a piano is like a large noise making toy. But still, it's fun to catch him in action and every once in a while we'll sit him down on the bench and let him play us a tune and maybe, just maybe he'll play me Clair De Lune someday.

The two boys decided to play a duet

Serenading Grandma

2 comments:

  1. After not having a piano for so many years, it really has been a blessing to us. I just love having one around. My kids play ours everyday and the harp, too. I've started Madeline on a little piano book and it's fun to watch her be so enthusiastic and excited to learn. You've got to catch that before they become grumpy and don't want to practice. :)

    ReplyDelete