So I cried last night......
Was I tired? Exhausted!
Did I have a headache? Yep!
Was I a tad bit hormonal?? You betcha!!
And so I cried
I cried for San Diego
For the weather that is trapping me inside with my baby all day unless we're in the pool which feels like a warm bathtub at this point
I cried for my old apartment with it's stained orange countertops and damaged linoleum floors
I cried for my grocery store that was just down the street
I cried for the beach, and Torrey Pines, Balboa Park, and the Zoo, Del Mar and Solano Beach
I cried for my friends. ALL OF THEM! I do miss my friends so very much. I even cried for the ones who moved away before I did. When you live away from family that is what your friends become. Family, kindred spirits who are always there for you
I cried because Tim just got his ER shifts and he works everyday for the rest of the month including Olivers first Birthday
And then.......I reached the all time low........I cried because I was crying.
I mean really Sydney?!?!? Those are all silly things to cry about, especially considering all of the terrible things that are going on in the world around me. People are loosing their jobs and living in cars and I'm sad because my husband has to go in to work on Olivers Birthday, a day that he will not even remember? But still, it felt so good to cry. And then I realized sometimes that's all you need, a good sob to get it all out and then move on. So that's what I did.
Moving on :)
I think I need to have that real hard sobbing cry so I can move on...because i'm still in denial about this whole situation.
ReplyDeleteGood for you moving on! Still wish you were here though, we could have went to Target together and got McDonalds dipped cones today ;)
Knowing that target and McDonald's were on the agenda for today made me want to cry all over again :( It was good to talk to you today for sure. Thanks for that!
DeleteI'm so sorry. I did a lot of crying when I moved, too. Usually, it was after church. I still miss it terribly. When Matt visited he said it felt like "home."
ReplyDeleteHang in there. Get busy with some projects. :) Miss you! Wish we lived closer. :(
I am so glad that I am not the only one who cries! Matt hit it on the head. Which is kind of weird 'cause we are living at my "home" but after San Diego it doesn't feel the same.
DeleteProjects is a good idea. We'll live closer soon enough.....right?!?!
Miss you Syd! Please come see us soon! I think your orange countertops miss you too! And think, Easton cried through his whole first birthday, so I'm pretty sure they don't care who's there...
ReplyDeleteOh, you'll bet I'll come see you soon. Noted about Easton's Birthday, I figure as long as he gets his own little cake, I'm satisfied!
DeleteSometimes a good cry makes you feel so much better! I miss all those things too and had a good cry myself when I moved to Provo. I totally understand! You are not ungrateful for feeling sad. I hope you feel better and I wish we all still lived in the same city too!
ReplyDeleteThanks Erin, you're so sweet. We'll have to both visit San Diego at the same time. I know you go there way more than I do, but will have to coordinate!
Delete