Friday, July 13, 2012

The last 48 hours

Early Wednesday morning my sister and her husband dropped off their three kids and left to spend three days in San Francisco for their anniversary (they get back this evening). And let's just say that the last 48 hours have been madness!! Fun, but madness. I actually questioned for a minute whether or not I want more children :) And I sure as heck am glad I don't have twins. A big hats off to my mother-in-law and all of the other woman who have managed to raise twins. My nephew, Rhett, is three weeks younger than Oliver and it is one thing after the next with two babies. Despite all of the craziness including throw-up, not making it to the toilet in time, more poopie diapers than I care to talk about, and picky eating there is an element of fun to it and I really enjoy watching all the kids play together. At one point the older two kids (Elle and Crew) had the babies pinned down and were giving them rasberries on their tummies. While the babies remained stone face through it, the older kids were giggling like you wouldn't believe. Needless to say, I am looking forward to going back to one child after tonight and I will cross my fingers that the rest of my babies come one at a time!

The thought of twins makes my eyes almost pop out

Elle was teaching the boys here piano abilities

This may be my new favorite picture of him



I'm not quite sure why Elle was laying on the table..........

Or what they were doing here

Then grandpa came home early from his trip which was a good surprise for everyone because clearly he is the BEST form of entertainment


He even made them all "slurpies"





And then Uncle Logan helped them build a fort



And grandpa kinda got stuck trying to go inside :/


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I totally quiver with fear thinking about having more! I feel overwhelmed with two! I'm sure you did fantastic though! Hope you are all well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone in that boat!! How is having two?!?!? I am so happy for you guys. In my opinion doing fantastic is keeping everyone alive :)

      Delete
  2. That is the ultimate fort! I'm impressed!

    And I'm impressed at your mothering skills, Syd. Believe me, with all of the kid watching I've done, when the kids are your own it makes a HUGE difference. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little brother does have some serious fort skills :)

      I like hearing that having your own kids is better, 'cause I was starting to feel like maybe Oliver was going to be an only child! Everyone survived though, so that's good.

      Delete