Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Oliver!

A year ago today my life changed forever. Little Oliver Frank Davie was born. He came quite unexpectedly. I was only 37 weeks and was planning on working for at least three more weeks and having heard that most first babies come late, I thought it might be even longer. This was not the case!
I woke up at 11:30 pm for my usual trip to the bathroom. I rolled my big pregnant self off of the bed to realize that I was wetting my pants......or so I thought. When I discovered that not only did I have no control over my "bladder" but there also was no end to the flow, I realized that my water must have broken. It took Tim a good half hour to agree that maybe I was in labor (I asked him what he wanted me to throw in our unpacked hospital bag and he didn't want anything because in his head it was a false alarm). I was admitted to the hospital around 12:30 am and started pushing at 4:00 am. By 5:35 am (an exhausting 1 1/2 hours later) he was here. And He has change our world!

Oliver is (of course) the cutest little boy. He is so squishy I just want to hug him ALL. THE. TIME! He has the goofiest grins and smiles and will bust them out when it's least expected. He has the sweetest little giggle and has also figured out the fake laugh, so watch out because he might just be giving you sympathy laughs. Like most 1 year olds (kind of weird to say), he is the busiest little bee. He want to touch and move and discover and eat EVERYTHING. He loves cords and buttons and knobs and I think he is going to be a computer nerd just like his dad :) He can wave and show you his belly button, clap and shake his head. He loves to crawl and stand up by himself (unassisted) but the walking is still a little too much effort. He loves playing with his cousins especially the older ones. And he has a pretty calm and laid back temperament (also like his dad). I think if Oliver had to choose what animal to be, it would be a fish. Bath-time and swim time are his favorites.

Over the past year that little man has given us a run for our money. Both Tim and I have had to learn what it really means to be selfless and to sacrifice. To be patient and love unconditionally. He has given an entirely new purpose to life, one that I wouldn't trade for ANYTHING!!!

Month 1

Month 2 

 Month 3

Month 4

Month 5

Month 6

Month 7

Month 8

Month 9

Month 10

Month 11

One Year

So, Happy Birthday to our little boy. I feel so blessed that my Heavenly Father sent you to us and that we get to keep you forever!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe he's one! It was so fun to see him through all the months. Happy Birthday, cute Oliver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mal! I know, this was hands down that fastest year of my entire life (some of the longest days and nights, but for sure the fastest year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to our favorite Ollie! So so cute!

    ReplyDelete