After the craziness of the fourth, things settled down. We were all pleasantly surprised that everyone slept pretty well Wednesday night considering that we had three babies two bedrooms and one bathroom to work with. Thursday my brother and sister and their families left and Tim and I stayed with Logan and my parents to enjoy the cooler weather and relax. We did some hiking, reading, and played some cards and badminton. It was a extremely relaxing week.
One of the best parts for me was letting Oliver loose in the grass. When we lived in San Diego we would take him outside all the time and let him explore the grass and he LOVES it. It's just too hot to let him do it in Phoenix, so it was nice to let him at it again. It was pretty cute watching him crawl around and then stop to look at something and then keep on going.
Come Back!!!
Oliver was pretty excited about all of the badminton equipment
Getting him to look at the camera is not near as easy as it used to be
Logan set up our little badminton net and we played a few games. I forget how much I enjoy badminton. Maybe because it's way easier than volleyball :)
Check out those skilz :)
A little ways up the creek from the cabin there is a really popular hiking spot, West Fork. There is a pretty intense, but awesome hike that is 13 miles total that we've done in summers past. We usually get dropped off at the top of the trail and hike our way down to the cabin. When we are not up for the 13 miles :) we will just wander up the trail a little ways which is what Tim, Logan, and I did one afternoon after I put Oliver down for a nap. We had a lot of fun and the sun was hot enough that getting in the creek felt kind of good.
I love both of these photos for obvious reasons. The best part, they each posed themselves!
This is the remains of an old chicken coop that was attached to a resort that used to be here. It's always fun to walk around.
We had such a good time and it was so fun to be with family and in such beautiful surroundings. I'm looking forward to our next trip up there for sure!
Well doesn't this just look like all sorts of delightful! WOW! Gorgeous and fun what more could anyone want?!
ReplyDeletePS: I read your blog...however for some reason my phone and ipad don't let me comment. SO the rare occasion I'm on my computer is when I'm able to grace your blog with my comments (totally kidding). You're the best! Miss you!