After Oliver's afternoon nap we drove him out to my sisters house and dropped him off......for the night! Our first night together without the baby. As we drove away Tim said, "I miss him already." (eye roll from me!) We went straight to Tempe Town lake which is pretty fantastic actually. We rented a paddle boat and paddled around for an hour. We watched the sunset and enjoyed the cool air roll in. It was a lot of fun and we decided next time we'll be renting the two man Kayak. Then we had dinner at a trendy little restaurant called Postino. We shared a yummy turkey sandwich and bruschetta with hummus and artichoke dip. It was a fun new place to recommend. Then we headed across the parking lot to La Grande Orange where Tim got gelato and I got a red velvet cupcake. It was a delightful evening. Child free :) And thus begins Tim's vacation and Birthday week.
Monday, October 8, 2012
A good way to start the week off
Today was day one of Tim's glorious vacation week. It's his first vacation of year one of residency and we are going to make it as fun filled as possible!!! We had a leisurely morning with the boy taking him for a walk and watching an episode of Once Upon a Time while he napped (We are addicted to this show, currently watching season one on Netflix. If you haven't seen it yet you should seriously consider watching it. So Good!!). Then we had lunch with The Bird at The Habit and took her to pick up a new contact RX on our way home. My mom was then nice enough to take us to this really fun candy shop which happened to be by this fantastic boutique (my new favorite). It was a fun afternoon.
After Oliver's afternoon nap we drove him out to my sisters house and dropped him off......for the night! Our first night together without the baby. As we drove away Tim said, "I miss him already." (eye roll from me!) We went straight to Tempe Town lake which is pretty fantastic actually. We rented a paddle boat and paddled around for an hour. We watched the sunset and enjoyed the cool air roll in. It was a lot of fun and we decided next time we'll be renting the two man Kayak. Then we had dinner at a trendy little restaurant called Postino. We shared a yummy turkey sandwich and bruschetta with hummus and artichoke dip. It was a fun new place to recommend. Then we headed across the parking lot to La Grande Orange where Tim got gelato and I got a red velvet cupcake. It was a delightful evening. Child free :) And thus begins Tim's vacation and Birthday week.
After Oliver's afternoon nap we drove him out to my sisters house and dropped him off......for the night! Our first night together without the baby. As we drove away Tim said, "I miss him already." (eye roll from me!) We went straight to Tempe Town lake which is pretty fantastic actually. We rented a paddle boat and paddled around for an hour. We watched the sunset and enjoyed the cool air roll in. It was a lot of fun and we decided next time we'll be renting the two man Kayak. Then we had dinner at a trendy little restaurant called Postino. We shared a yummy turkey sandwich and bruschetta with hummus and artichoke dip. It was a fun new place to recommend. Then we headed across the parking lot to La Grande Orange where Tim got gelato and I got a red velvet cupcake. It was a delightful evening. Child free :) And thus begins Tim's vacation and Birthday week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




What a perfect day!!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOODNESS!! I am so obsessed with Once Upon a Time right now. I started watching it on Netflix last Sunday, and watched all 22 episodes in one week. This morning I watched the two new episodes from season two. It is super good and I am glad to read someone else is obsessed with it too! I also love that the two main characters are named Henry and Emma (which are our two names!)
ReplyDeleteFun! Ah, tempe town lake - my old stomping grounds. I may have held hands with a new boyfriend there.... hehe.
ReplyDeleteAnd I've never hear of Once Upon a Time?! I'll have to check it out.